Registration is now open for the NMEA 2016 conference!
Register Online Here!
Full registration is a complete package, which includes all of the following:
For more information, please contact NMEA16 Co-Chairs, at nmea16[at]fmsea.org.
- Three days of exemplary keynote and plenary speakers
- Exhibit hall entrance
- 14 concurrent sessions and an evening poster session covering formal education, informal education, technology, education research, marine science research, and international topics
- Lunch and daily snack breaks on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday
- Monday evening kick-off Science Cafe (heavy hors d'oeuvres, cash bar)
- Tuesday evening event at SeaWorld (includes park admission, special program, and meal voucher). Note: Adult and children tickets available for purchase.
- Wednesday evening banquet and silent auction. Note: Adult guest tickets are available for purchase.
- Thursday Stegner Lecture featuring Biscayne National Park Rangers Megan Davenport and Gary Bremen. Celebrating the National Park Service Centennial with personal experiences from national parks across the nation.
- Thursday evening ticketed event at SEA LIFE Aquarium Orlando. Note: Adult and children tickets available for purchase.
During this event, the aquarium will be closed to the public, giving NMEA 2016 participants a private night to enjoy the exhibits at the aquarium. The event includes dinner and a cash bar. Guest tickets are available.
Opportunities to grow your professional network and make and renew life-long friendships!
IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO KNOW BEFORE REGISTERING
Membership is required for conference registration. Applications for new/renewing members can be found here. ***Please note: New and renewing members will be able to log-in and register for the conference immediately.
Full, Single Day, and Single Day-PLUS registrations are available, each with early bird discounts before May 18.
Full registration to NMEA 2016 is THE COMPLETE PACKAGE that offers conference participants the greatest opportunity to engage in a variety of events and activities at a price that you could not find anywhere else!
Guest tickets are available for a variety of special events and meals. Please order guest tickets early, as space is limited for some activities. Once advance registration is closed on June 14, we cannot guarantee the ability to accommodate guests.
Field trips are available to conference participants and guests at an additional cost. All field trips include transportation to/from the trip and a box lunch. We all hate when field trips have to be canceled. We have some GREAT ones to choose from - let's fill them up!!
T-shirts are available for $15 advance sale and $20 on-site. Shirts will be high quality, lime green cotton tee with the NMEA logo on the front left pocket and our gorgeous conference logo on the back.
Conference Dates: Monday, June 27 through Friday, July 1, 2016
Conference Location: Renaissance Orlando at SeaWorld
6677 Sea Harbor Dr.
Orlando, Florida 32821
May 1 May 17) |Standard
(May 18 - June 17)
(excludes evening events)
(includes evening event (Tues/ Wed only)
REGISTER HERE with a credit card. If you must pay for registration via check, please contact Laura Fauver at membership[at]fmsea.org.
NMEA 2016 Cancellation Policy
Refund requests must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to write “NMEA16 REFUND REQUEST” in the subject line. Refund requests will be subject to a $50 administrative fee, and those received after May 30, 2016, regardless of time sent, cannot be honored.
NMEA 2016 Changes to Registration Policy
Beginning on May 18, 2016, only late registration will be allowed, and existing registrations will be considered confirmed allowing registration materials to be printed and facility and meal arrangements to be finalized.
Changes that require NMEA 2016 committee support at any time in the registration timeline will incur a $50 change fee.
NMEA16 Home | Registration | Auction | Evening Events | Exhibitors | Family-Friendly Opportunities | FAQ | Field Trips | Pre-conference Workshops | Presenters | Schedule at a Glance | Sponsorship Opportunities | Travel & Lodging | Volunteers | Youth Conference