If you haven’t already heard, registration for NMEA 2016 is NOW OPEN!
Join hundreds of fellow marine science education enthusiasts in sunny Orlando, Fla., for a week filled with learning, sharing, and exploration!
Classroom teacher? Informal educator? Government or agency outreach personnel? Volunteer? Researcher? No matter your connection to marine science education, NMEA 2016 has something for you!
In addition to daily plenaries and concurrent sessions, the always-popular Exhibit Hall, and the NEW Ocean Science Research Track, some of the week’s highlights include:
- Monday, June 27 – Pre-conference Workshops, Buddy Welcome Reception, Tweet-up, Conference Kick-off Event
- Tuesday, June 28 – NMEA Youth Conference, Evening event at SeaWorld
- Wednesday, June 29 – Chapter Basket Auction, Silent Auction, Banquet Live Auction
- Thursday, June 30 – NMEA Business Luncheon and Awards Ceremony, Stegner Lecture, Ticketed Evening Event at SEA LIFE Aquarium Orlando
- Friday, July 1 – Enjoy deeply discounted experiences at some of the best attractions Florida has to offer with field trips around the state!
The Renaissance Orlando is home to NMEA 2016, so make your reservations today! This family-friendly, premier location is offering a conference rate of only $129/night, but reservations must be made by May 25 at 5 p.m.
Looking to bring your family? The Renaissance has tons of amenities for both kids and adults and is just a stone’s throw from the iRide Trolley (a shuttle to a variety of area attractions). NMEA 2016 field trips offer several options for children and SeaWorld is offering a $100 discount on its popular Camp SeaWorld. For more information on these and other family-friendly activities, visit the NMEA16 Family Friendly Opportunities page.
Be sure to visit the conference website for updates and follow along on social media with the hashtag #NMEA16!
NMEA16 is just around the corner, so start packing your flip-lops and sunscreen and register today!
Questions? Contact NMEA16@fmsea.org.
See you in Orlando!